Friday 21 September 2007

last blog from the UK

well, it's 10pm on Friday night and I can't believe that this time tomorrow, I'll be in Madagascar. weird after so long and yet, since I found out about the job, time seemed to go so quickly. I've been measuring the weeks in Chinese takeaways - as it's become our routine to get a chinese takeaway on a friday... and each week, it seems to come round quicker and quicker. but then six weeks (six deep fried aubergines with extra tofu) hasn't been that long when i've had to pack up everything, find a lodger/s, finish work and just get my whole life in order. part of me is extremely organised. the other part, pretty disorganised. in such a short space of time, I've had to try really hard to be the organised me but it's not been that easy. I long to just spend some time relaxing, sitting, reading... but there hasn't been a lot of that over the past six weeks, and there won't be for the foreseeable future. at least the journey to the expedition site will be interesting and hopefully i'll get some rest on it too. Looking forward to using my new digital slr and hopefully getting some good pictures.

And that's it.. there's still a few more things to pack up (kitchen stuff) and put away, and we have to recheck the cases, which are right up to the weight allowance of 23kg each. eek.

hopefully, the next blog (posted by myself in Tana, or by Sarah after I get onto site) will have something more interesting to report other than packing!!!

saying goodbyes are hard, but i'm looking forward to seeing what the next few days, few weeks, and few months have to offer. and to missing the winter!

No comments: